Tuesday, December 8, 2015

When Pregnancy Stares you in the Face


The teacher across the hall from me is pregnant. She just got married in May. 




I am just going to let that sink in for all my fellow infertility warriors.

I want to be happy for her. Let me take that back, I AM happy for her. I am happy that she didn't have to take hormone medication. I am happy she didn't have to grieve month after month. I am happy that she didn't have to have tons of ultrasounds and doctors appointments and spend her life's savings in order to conceive that child. 

I am sad for myself. I am sad that she is due at the same time I would have been if my first IUI worked. I am sad that I found out she was pregnant when my 2nd IUI didn't work. I'm sad that I have a headache from the femara that I am taking yet in again in hopes that I can finally conceive. 

A constant reminder of what I want is not what I needed. Yesterday someone was bringing her baby stuff down the hall. Today, I had to keep it together in front of the kids when two teachers were rubbing her belly and discussing newborns. I am going to need to figure out what I can do to get myself through her pregnancy if I continue to struggle. 

Christmas is such a hard time for infertility and this really digs the knife in. 

Let's just hope I can avoid sitting with her at the staff Christmas party. 

No comments:

Post a Comment