Friday, February 28, 2014

Allegiant Book 3 of the Divergent series- Book Review- SPOILERS!!!!!!!

I found this on Pinterest.... this is how I feel about the book summed up...


It has taken me two weeks to sit down and write this review. I was honestly so mad about it that it took some reflecting to appreciate the book since the series was so good. I think it's because it waited until about chapter 50 of the third book to shatter my hopes and dreams of the story. 



I thought we were on the right track. They got out! (yay!) Then they find out what's going on. (yay?) and then tons of people die. (wait....what?) Yes, exactly. 

I was surprised to find out that their town was an experiment. I was not surprised about the genetic testing since that was an ongoing theme throughout the book. I also liked that they fixed things towards the VERY end, like the epilogue. 

I loved how they explored Tris's mother's past and her role in the story. I think I loved it so much because it really showed the dynamics that the factions had even though they were supposed to be so separate. I also loved how, towards the end, Tobias was able to make good choices. He helped where he was supposed to help and seemed to be doing well at the end. I liked those parts. 

I absolutely hated Tris in this book. I was super sad that she ended at a point when I didn't like her decisions. Not that I agreed with her decisions throughout the series and not that I always liked her but, I hated that she didn't meet her end when I liked what she was doing. I think I keep hoping that if I go back and re-read it she will send her stupid brother in, but no, she became the stupid one. The only time I actually liked Tris in this one was when I was seeing her through Tobias's eyes. I could see why he loved her which sometimes was hard for me to see when the story was being narrated by her. 



In all, I loved the series and I have recommended it to many people. In comparison to The Hunger Games, (like in my post about Divergent found here) I think I liked The Hunger Games series better. Maybe because it didn't require me to throw things and cuss at my husband towards the end of it. 

My next read, which I have already started, is "The Book Thief" by Markus Zusak. So far I am enjoying it, review to come when I finish!




No comments:

Post a Comment